Sunday 28 September 2014

And so it begins!

Right, so I kinda agreed after a few requests to do a blog for my latest African adventure - and I am nothing if not obliging. This time round though I opted for compiling a post-trip blog (diary style) which, considering the lack of WiFi on my travels, was probably the best option. Plus I was having far too good a time to be creating daily posts.

Since I am not constrained to just using the iPad Blogger app, I briefly considered using Blogspot's feature which would allow me to insert pretty photos in-between text so that I could describe something, show a relevant pic and then move on with a rinse/repeat format. However, while this sounds ideal, I do realize that I ramble (a hell of a lot), and some people might only wanna take a sneaky look at the pics. Ergo I'm sticking with my usual format, shitloads of text followed by lots of images. You as the reader can then decide what you want to absorb. Be it, (1) start with some text, get bored, jump to pics; (2) don't bother with text go straight to pics, or for the hardcore among you, (3) trawl laboriously through all the text, and then finally scroll through the pics for some relief.

One little caveat though, last time I was in South Africa I took my DSLR and took shedloads of photos. For this trip I decided that instead I wanted to sit back and soak up the experience (and not spend vast amounts of time behind a viewfinder). So it was with great reluctance that I left my DSLR behind and simply grabbed my little point-and-shoot. Basically I'm warning you that there's not the usual ridiculous amount of photos - but hello this is still me we're talking about, so you're going to find way more than what the normal person would consider average! I have also acquired some of the guys' pics to bulk out the offerings (cheers folks!).

A wee second warning: I realize that in person I am as timid as a church-mouse (in fact, possibly even quieter), however give me a keyboard and the verbal diarrhea spilleth forth. Don't get me wrong I'm not apologizing as this is just part and parcel of the quirkiness that is me - a complex enigma who constantly aims to keep you guessing! But you have been warned, brevity holds no sway here.

I will however apologize for my inconsistent tense usage through the blog. That will be a peeve for some of you. Plus I am aware of my excessive overuse of exclamation marks and brackets - but I love 'em!!!!!! (Truly I do!)

Now let's begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment